It goes without saying that at this time, there are many people who are dealing with anxiety, depression, and uncertainty of what’s to come. Maybe because of the pandemic or anything else in your life you are currently feeling hopeless and are just taking each day as it comes – with no dreams, and no goals for yourself. You’ve lost your zeal for life and you have no expectancy of anything good for your life. Even as you woke up today, there’s no excitement and you dragged yourself out of bed to get ready for the day.
John 10:10 Jesus says, “A thief has only one thing in mind—he wants to steal, slaughter, and destroy. But I have come to give you everything in abundance, more than you expect—life in its fullness until you overflow!” TPT
The enemy wants us to focus on everything that is wrong in our lives so that we lose focus of the promises of God. He wants to bombard us with so much negativity that we shift our focus off the things that we once were looking forward to accomplish or attain in God. That is why we ought to be very careful of what we allow ourselves to consume with our eyes and our ears. You can’t be watching news channels all day every day and expect your heart to be at peace. Anxiety, fear and depression is largely a result of what we consume. Romans 10:17 says “Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” If faith comes by hearing, then so does fear. Fear comes by hearing all the negative things you focus on.
When we zoom into everything that’s negative, we’ll end up we living life with no zeal and enthusiasm, and by that, we’re allowing the enemy to steal from us. What is he stealing? He’s stilling the dreams you once had for a better future. He’s stealing your goals and the vision God gave you for you life and family.
Things might look uncertain right now, but I want you to know that nothing has the power to make your dream null and void. Your goals still matter, the vision that God gave you for your life still matters. You can still attain it; you can still be everything that God wants you to be! Don’t allow the enemy to abort all God has placed in you. I don’t care how small your dream is, it matters.
- What are those things that you’ve always wanted to accomplish?
- What are those dreams you have for a better future for yourself and the nation?
- You might not have all your ducks in a row – Do it anyway!
- You might not have enough money to start it perfectly– Do it anyway!
- You might be scared to take the first step – Do it anyway!
Take back your joy from the grip of the devil and tell him not today! Today and going forward, I’m going after everything God has placed in my heart. You don’t have to have it all figured out. It’s like when you’re about to drive at night. You put your head lights on, but the headlights won’t light up your entire journey at one go. It’s only as you drive forward, that the road gets illuminated and you’re able to see where you’re going.Jesus says “But I have come to give you everything in abundance, more than you expect—life in its fullness until you overflow!”
I used to think of abundance as an overflow of luxury – cars, mansions, travelling – living the best life. But I’ve realised that this can’t be what Jesus to talking about here. Not that he can’t bless us with material things, but what happens when the material things are stripped away? Would this scripture not hold anymore?
The abundant life that Jesus has given us goes way beyond material things. His abundant life means that you can have peace in the middle of a storm. You can have joy when things are uncertain. You can have hope when circumstances seem hopeless. You can live and enjoy life to the fullest every single day because you have the Creator of Life on the inside of you.
What to do…
- Today as you step out, I want you to step out with a confidence that God has got your back.
- I want you to revisit your dreams and goals again. Write them down and take a step towards making them a reality.
- If you don’t have any dreams and goals, I want you to dare to dream again. Think about what you want to accomplish for yourself and for your family. Seek God about what He wants you to accomplish in this world.
- I want you to make a conscious effort not to feed yourself with negativity, so that you can enjoy God’s peace and rest.